A suite of business intelligence (BI) reports and self-service tools were available to cater to the analytics needs of the bank’s users. While these reports and tools helped answer known questions, business users were finding it tedious to get answers to ad hoc queries.
Data-driven decision-making often requires contextualized and specific data points. As these were stored across tightly controlled BI tools, users’ capabilities to search were limited and siloed. They also needed multiple approvals to get access to relevant data. Accompanying delays made analysis ever more challenging.
Lack of understanding of data definition and lineage compounded the problem. So did the need for users to be trained on BI tools. Such self-service challenges led to poor analytics adoption within the organization and created technical team dependencies.
Tedious to find answers
Delays in data access
Infocepts collaborated with our client to build a conversational BI application. It integrates MicroStrategy NLP capabilities, knowledge graph, and custom libraries to enable a text and voice-based search interface for data and insights. Developing the solution on top of the existing analytics technology stack avoided unnecessary disruption, as well as associated refactoring, user training, and change management costs. The solution features include:
- Contextual natural language search with smart suggestions and insights
- Smart recommendations—on related reports (as per a search) as well as on visualizations to receive
- Ad hoc analysis of varied source information stashed in numerous data storage systems
- Persona-based, governed access to existing data
- Business glossary—lineage to understand data element context
- Advanced search and interaction through chat-bot integration
The award-winning solution made a far-reaching impact on end user experience and the way analytics was used in the organization. Following are the key highlights:
- A simple and intuitive natural language search experience changed how users access and interact with data
- The solution democratized data within the organization and reduced IT dependence on data and insights preparation by more than 40%
- Driven by higher portal hits, self-service data searches, and overall feedback, the active user base (adoption) scaled up to 4× within a few months
- The solution won 2019 MicroStrategy Partner Award for most innovative use case
Please fill the below details
About the Client
Our client is a global bank that offers services to help people and companies create wealth and financial growth. With a presence in 60 markets across 1000+ branches, it has operations in retail, corporate, and institutional banking, as well as wealth management and treasury services
Learn how you can move at the speed of your business with intelligent analytics powered by Decision360.